Friday, February 4, 2011

nom nom: Edina Grill

Business:  Edina Grill
Location:  50th & France
Did they earn a wink?  YES

The Occasion:  Lunch break during a shopping excursion.  Even though it was a busy Saturday, we were able to get a table for two in about 10 minutes.

The Food:  Fish tacos and their Turkey Burger which was voted "Best Turkey Burger in the Twin Cities"by Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine in 2003.  I wonder if you can still lay claim to that if the title was rewarded 8 years ago?!

Image via We Got Served

The Service:  One thing I love about resto's like Edina Grill is that there will always be "safe" menu options to order.  Edina Grill features sandwiches, burgers and salads, all of the American variety ... and there isn't much you can do to screw up a classic hamburger right?  One thing I have been in search for is the perfect Fish & Chips or Fish Taco.  For opinions on popular menu items, I always ask the server on their thoughts of the dishes or what people have given positive feedback on.  The Turkey Burger was at the top of her list so my dining mate ordered that (good play on her part, the Turkey Burger was excellent) and I decided to choose the Fish & Chips.  I think I finished about 1/4 of the meal before I decided I didn't care for it.

Besides the fact that I didn't particularly like my food, the service we received was pretty excellent.  The host was a young friendly high-school aged lad and did a good job at squeezing our small party in among all the other larger families that were waiting for bigger tables to open.  Our server was friendly, honest with her recommendations and was quite complimentary.  We ordered mid-afternoon drinks which required her to ask for our identification.  She must have had to think about the years we were born and came back and was astounded that we were the age our licenses said.  Music to every woman's ears! 


At the end of our meal, she offered to box the food and me being the pleasing kind, I didn't want her to think that I didn't care for the food so I accepted the offer knowing full well that I didn't want the food.  I decided that I was going to "forget" my box at the table and sneak out after paying.  It was so busy in there that by the time she got back to our table, we'd be long gone.  Or so I thought.  We paid and left and 5 steps out the door, our server came running out after us with my leftover Fish & Chips. 

That's pretty excellent ... next time I'll just refuse the doggy bag.

{winkMSP}

No comments:

Post a Comment