Monday, April 25, 2011

in the bag: Step N' Stretch

BusinessStep N' Stretch
Location:  Burnsville and Minnetonka
Wink?  Yes

Purchases:  Dance shorts, tights and Footundeez (helps protect the balls of a dancers feet for dancing barefoot).

Step N' Stretch
13903 Aldrich Avenue South
Burnsville, MN 55337
Reason for shopping:  In preparation for a performance I was involved in, I needed some dance essentials as part of our costuming.  Step N' Stretch has 2 different locations, Burnsville and Minnetonka and it just so happens that I used to work by their southern location and currently live by their western location.  My first trip to SNS was in search of new tights and shorts and Liz, the assistant manager of Burnsville, was extremely helpful from the get-go.  I walked in and was immediately greeted and offered help.  Since I'm a girl who usually shops with purpose (a.k.a. not much of a browser), I loved that Liz grabbed 3 different options for shorts that fit my criteria and educated me on her thoughts on each brand and/or style.  My biggest requirement was good fit and coverage and Liz knew where to search among the million different styles and fits they carry.  I ended up going with a mid-priced short which was her original recommendation and I was very pleased.  I've got some junk in the trunk and danced with confidence knowing I wasn't flashing the unsuspecting crowd.

Personally, I think shorts should be outlawed.  I had to choose one and the winner was the top left pair.
My 2nd encounter was the day of the performance (procrastinate much?) and I was in dire need of foot support after rehearsing on the not-so-great wooden floors of our venue.  I ran to the Minnetonka location after rehearsal and again, was immediately greeted and asked if I needed help.  Katie, the helpful associate, pulled different size options for me and encouraged me to try multiples on to find a more comfortable fit.  I'm glad I took her advice otherwise the first pair I thought were right were in fact a big larger than I really needed. 

FootUndeez
Local Love:  Step N' Stretch has been a staple in the Minnesota retail dance industry and have been in business for over 15 years.  It is very apparent that their staff are friendly, helpful and most importantly, very knowledgeable in helping anyone from novice hobby dancers to professional veterans.  Minnesota is definitely the place to be if you want to be a competitive or non-competitive dancer and Step N' Stretch has definitely played a vital role in outfitting these talented dancers.  I love local businesses and SNS is here to stay.

{dancin}
winkMSP

No comments:

Post a Comment