Wednesday, January 26, 2011

nom nom: The Sample Room

Business:  The Sample Room
Location:  NE Minneapolis
Did they earn a wink?  YES


Occasion:  Birthday celebration, party of two.

The Food:  Small plates.  Ordered a plethora of dishes:  roasted brussels sprouts and squash, pate, seared scallops, bison-pork-beef meatloaf, cheese plate, etc.

Image via The Sample Room

The Service:  Our server was a delight and strangely reminded me of Johnny Depp.  He was sweetly awkward and had a wealth of knowledge about everything The Sample Room had on their menu.  Throughout the evening, he made sure our water was always filled and that we were enjoying our food.  Because table space is limited for a party of two, he made sure that our empty plates were cleared promptly and made the overall dining experience much easier.  Though he wasn't much of a talker, he was able to keep the intimate space somewhat private without ignoring us and feeling as though we were neglected.  

I'm not a food critic, but:  A number of the plates were a tad too salty.  This was my 3rd visit to The Sample Room and don't remember having that complaint from previous experiences. Will I visit again?  For someone as indecisive as me, I love me some small plates!

Yummy scallops!

{winkMSP}

No comments:

Post a Comment