Thursday, January 20, 2011

nothing in the bag: bluepeg mens

Business:  Bluepeg Mens
Location:  50th & France
Did they earn a wink?  NO

What is Bluepeg Mens?  A clothing and accessories store geared towards the stylish and savvy man.  The owner is the beau of fellow 50th & France co-owner of BlueBird Boutique and Ladyslipper.  Brands you can find at the store include:  Postage, life/after/denim, Luke Simon, alternative, Nixon and etc.

Why I stopped in:  I was looking forward to visiting the new menswear only store to look for some great duds. 


Why didn't they earn a wink?  If you saw my post on the "art of hello," then please read it now.  Upon entry into the store, I spotted the owner talking to the only other customer in the store.  I began walking around the store looking at the different brands and styles they had to offer thinking that he would eventually say hello, hi or something to acknowledge me in the store.  I waited about 10 minutes hoping to be asked if I needed any help or even just a simple greeting but I received nothing.  Barely even a glance in my direction.

What was missing?  A simple greeting.  A "hello" or offering of help makes me feel welcome in any store and would definitely make me more apt to spend my hard earned dollars.  I was in the mood to shop and I left with nothing all due to the fact that I felt I wasn't appreciated for visiting the store.  I felt ignored and even disrespected.

Moral of the story:  The owner may need to take some classes in store etiquette.  Always greet your customers and always offer them help.  I love supporting local businesses and I also love that menswear stores are making their entry and a big impact in the Minneapolis boutique scene.  I am a believer in 2nd chances so I will be visiting again, just to see how things have changed.  3 strikes and Bluepeg Mens is off of my list...

image via Trnds


{winkMSP}

No comments:

Post a Comment